OK so, the worst part about winter? The fact that theres no sun to tan in. Lets be real, life is waaay better with a tan.
I used to go to the tanning bed, until I finally came to conclusion that…
1. It’s expensive
2. It’s HORRIBLE for you for many reasons
3. I have to leave my house. No thanks.
With that being said, for the past couple years I have been self-tanning. I was sooo skeptical at first, and I was sure I would suck at it. Pro tip — Do NOT buy a cheap brand from the drugstore because you will look like an Oompa Loopma and we all know thats not a good look. On anyone.
I came across Loving Tan on Instagram one day and spent a couple days watching YouTube videos and reading reviews on this product. When I finally decided to buy it, I wasn’t so skeptical of the actual product, but how to apply it.
Advice from muah, watch a TON of videos before you apply this and I promise it will come out perfect. Here is one from their website!
This product is amazing for sooo many reasons. Its a salon inspired formula that gives you immediate color and continues to develop after you’ve tanned.
It’s incredibly easy to use and its a streak free application each time.
The first time I bought Loving Tan, I purchased their 2 Hour Express product. This is just as great as the others but I eventually switched to their Deluxe Bronzing Mousse due to the fact I found it better for me to let it develop while I sleep and wash it off in the morning rather than have to wait 2 hours and then wash it off. But it’s all about what works best for you!
They have multiple color options too. I use Dark, but they also have Medium & Ultra Dark!
Heres the one I buy! Deluxe Bronzing Mousse Dark.
I’m going to share with you some of my tips and tricks to keep in mind when applying your tan!
1. Shower, shave, and exfoliate. This is THE most important step to any self tanning routine. Hop in the shower, shave really well, and exfoliate allll over. Don’t put any lotion on after the shower, only where I point out in the next step.
2. Apply lotion to your feet, ankles, knees, and elbows. You don’t want the tan to stick to any dry patches and look darker in certain areas. This helps the tan blend better everywhere!
3. Use their Deluxe Self Tanning Applicator Mitt. I go ahead and purchase a new one each time I buy more product. It is extremely helpful when applying your tan and helping it go on flawlessly.
4. Use a makeup brush for you hands and feet. I usually apply some of the product on the brush and then go over my ankles, feet, wrists, and hands lightly. It works perfect for me each time! I use this exact brush when I tan.
5. Blend, blend, and blend again. Because this product shows you color instantly, its easy to see if you have missed any spots. I use the buffing brush from #4 and blend over key spots (like my knees, elbows, ankles, and wrists) multiple times.
6. You don’t HAVE to do your face. It’s not necessarily great for your face to tan it, especially if you have really sensitive skin, so many people don’t. I do, just because it works for me and my skin actually looks better when I do. I apply the tiniest amount and put it on my makeup brush from #4, and apply it on my face just enough to give it a little color. You don’t need much if/when you do this step.
7. Don’t wash your hands and leave on for the full time. If you wash your hands, water may get on your tan and it will show a white splotch right away. If you must wash your hands, use a wipe and touch just the palm of your hand. After all, you just spent time blending, you don’t want to mess it up. Also, I put this tan on at night and sleep about 8 hours in it. I highly recommend doing this and then washing it off in the shower first thing after you wake up!
Loving Tan also has some great tips on their page, but you can check out the photos below for reference!
So do yourself a favor, and go get this product! I promise you wont regret it and it has been a favorite of mine for a looong time.
Have you tried Loving Tan yet?! Did you love it?!
Let me know in the comments below!